The Skills We Seek
At UpStart Internet, project managers are both consultants and project coordinators. As Seth Godin says, “they don’t just manage projects, they run them. They are responsible for defining solutions, answering hard questions, and ensuring the overall quality of a project. They also handle tasking, budgeting, and day-to-day communication with clients and internal teams.”
Project Management activities
- Facilitate Client/Prospect Needs Assessment, Proposal Strategy and Project Execution
- Work with Fulfillment Team – to manage shifting project needs
- Prepare for and deliver status reviews with Client
- Manage quality assurance procedures and enforce project standards
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Using products such as Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar, etc to organize your day and create your actions; integrity is the foundation of our success.
- Do you plan your work and work your plan?
- Are you willing to be a master at it?
Leveraging corporate platforms as they relate to new business and current clients:
- Having used a ticket management system in the past is a plus
- Facilitating consistent client engagement, service, and account review including monthly coaching and feedback calls with clients
Corporate Culture Creation
- Contributing and adding to UpStart’s culture; ideas welcome!
In addition, our Project Managers:
- Have been known to get made fun of by their colleagues and friends because they’re “too” organized (is that even possible?)
- Have always been known for being good communicators
- Operate well wearing many hats; never say “that’s not my job.”
- Meet deadlines across multiple, simultaneous projects
- Build long-term relationships with clients based on thorough planning, timely and professional communication, and intelligent problem-solving
- Enjoy working with some of the most talented web designers and developers in the business
- Love technology and are very web savvy
We’re looking for evidence of your ability to work well in our technical environment. Here are things we’re looking for:
- You have worked in an agile environment before, whether at an agency, product company, or software development shop.
- You know how the web works and how a web app works, which means you’re aware of technical constraints when talking to clients. You don’t hesitate to ask a lot of questions in order to define an app.
- You can break down a set of wireframes into actionable tasks for back-end and front-end developers. You’re passionate about finding innovative, efficient, and effective ways to document those tasks.
- You can shepherd often-vague client requests and ideas through the definition process. You know when to rely on a UX designer, but you’re comfortable thinking through logic and sketching initial wireframes as needed.
- Working with developers: you’ve done it and you’ve enjoyed it. You may have dabbled in code at some point, but you know that’s not where your true talent lies. You respect developers and what they do, and you know how to earn their respect in return.
- You’re able to describe workflows and tasks purely from an end user’s perspective, leaving implementation details up to the development Team.
- You’ve performed QA. You can distinguish a bug from a functional update from a new feature request. You don’t write merely good bug reports. You write better bug reports — or, at least, that’s your goal each and every time.
- We’re also looking for evidence that you’ll communicate, collaborate, and lead effectively.
Here are the skills we need you to have:
- You’re a polished and persuasive communicator (without BS-ing). You consistently listen, synthesize, write, and speak better than most people.
- You were born with an awareness of and appreciation for details.
- You get made fun of by your friends because you’re “too” organized (as if THAT’S possible).
- You fearlessly meet deadlines across multiple, simultaneous projects.
- You build long-term relationships with clients based on thorough planning, timely and professional communication, and intelligent problem-solving.
- You have a “thick skin” when the going gets tough. If and when conflicting demands emerge, you communicate diplomatically to reach a resolution.
- You demonstrate integrity and believe in the vision of our company.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Understand the basics of search engine optimization, pay-per-click advertising, and social media marketing.
To be considered, you should exhibit these characteristics and also:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Have 2-4 years post-grad experience (ideally) in a consulting or interactive agency role.
- Want to learn new technologies, tackle new challenges, and grow professionally.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a thoughtful email that includes specifics about how your previous experience matches our job description to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your salary requirements and examples of your work.
Who is UpStart
A visionary team of technology leaders creating cutting-edge online marketing strategies that deliver breakthrough results for our clients.
We consistently collaborate as a team to achieve Big Hairy Ambitious Goals that deliver extraordinary outcomes for our clients and our company.
WHAT’S AVAILABLE AT UPSTART:
- the opportunity to grow personally and professionally
- the opportunity to make a difference
- the opportunity to be challenged
- the opportunity to use creativity and collaboration to create win-win situations
- the opportunity to be the author of your own expanding position and compensation
- the opportunity to be the co-author of the expansion of the company
- the opportunity to have exciting, exhilarating fun inside the unlimited growth of a breakthrough business
*If you love the description of our breakthrough, transformational company, please see the Important Note for Visionaries below
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR VISIONARIES:
If you LOVED the description of our company but don’t have the skills, contact us anyway.
APPLY FOR THE JOB
GET IN TOUCH
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium
West Palm Beach, Florida
1016 Clare Avenue, Bldg 5,
West Palm Beach, FL 33401