If you’re noticing a lot of patients missing their appointments, confusing their appointment times, or complaining about being spammed by too many text messages, automated calls, or email reminders, you may want to reconsider your appointment system settings, or the system itself.
It’s hard to find the perfect fit for you and your practice, but it’s important to make sure that you, your staff, and your patients are comfortable with a practice management tool that minimizes missed appointments, and doesn’t annoy your patients.
How to you find what’s best for you? That’s simple.
Ask your staff members to take an anonymous survey regarding their feelings towards the tool.
Make sure to ask:
- Is the tool easy to use?
- Does the tool work well and consistently? If not, what has not worked?
- Have you ever noticed a system-error?
- What is your favorite part of using this tool?
- If you could improve upon this tool, what would you improve?
Also, have your staff pose a few questions to your patients as they check-in for their appointment. They can ask them face-to-face, or use a written survey.
Make sure to ask:
- Did you receive an appointment confirmation from our appointment system?
- A Text?
- A Call?
- An Email?
- Which method of contact would you prefer?
- Did we contact you too many times?
- If we could do something more to make your appointment easier, let us know.
Its also important to consider the features your current system has.
Make sure your current system includes:
- Client contact information database
- Accurate and up-to-the-minute self-updating appointment schedule
- Automated appointment confirmation process
- Automated appointment reminder process
While the right system for you may be worth coughing up a little dough, there are free options available for practice management software. You can find an interesting article here: The Top 7 Free Medical Scheduling Software Systems. UpStart Internet Marketing specializes in Digital Marketing for Medical or Dental practices. For questions about our services, Contact Us Today!